SmartFreezer® 2.0, a high-volume, automatic storage freezer, enhances its version 1.0 functionality to provide a faster, more reliable system with new optional features.
Developed in a partnership with Angelantoni Industrie, SmartFreezer® is the only fully automated freezer that individually stores and retrieves sample vials at temperatures of -80°C using a traditional mechanical freezer or at -180°C using a liquid nitrogen tank (vapor phase).
Now updated with FreezerPro® v6.1 software and finely tuned onboard robotics, the SmartFreezer® has improved barcode reading for more efficient retrieval. The update also features improved capacity to roughly 17,000 1.4 milliliter vials using dot codes or more than 10,000 2.0 milliliter vials utilizing barcodes (compatible with most common types/brands of vials).
Independently validated and certified to be fully compliant with the FDAs current GLP/GMP requirements, SmartFreezer is the ultimate frozen sample storage solution for biobanks and biorepositories.UP
New in SmartFreezer® 2.0:
- Improved robotics
- Improved vial retrieval times
- Quieter LN2 controller
Key features include:
- -80°C or -180°C automated robotic sample storage and retrieval
- Options for different vials, types, sizes and shapes
- Support for both 2D barcodes and RFID tags on vials
- FreezerPro® touch-screen interface to load/request samples
- Seamlessly integrated with RURO FreezerPro Enterprise for sample management, security and reporting
- Full traceability with detailed audit logs
- Independently validated and certified to be fully compliant with the FDAs current GLP/GMP requirements
- For more product information and to see a video of SmartFreezer in action please visit www.ruro.com/SmartFreezer
|V 80.20.2||V 180.20.2||V 80.14.2||V 180.14.2|
|Storage capacity (n°)||10.092||8.410||17.364||14.470|
|Type of vial (ml)||2||1.4|
|Vial identification||Bar Code or RFID||Dot Code or RFID|
|Speed to load and unload (s/vial)||10|
|External dimension (mm)*||1400x890x1960|
|Working temperature (°C)||-80||-180||-80||-180|
|Dry System**||Yes||Not necessary||Yes||Not necessary|
|Refrigeration plant||Two compressors||Liquid nitrogen||Two compressors||Liquid nitrogen|
|Supply voltage (V)*||230V +6% -10% / 1 / 50Hz|
|Installed power (W)||2800||1500||2800||1500|
|Absorbed power (W)||1400||800||1400||800|
|Uninterruptible power supply||Yes|
Illustration, description and technical data may be changed without notice.
* Cover on top of the machine for external automation needed at installation. Height after installation: 2.740 mm.
** OPTIONAL. It is a device that produces dry air with a dew point of -40°/-50°C to be injected in the room over the storage place. This system allows to avoid defrosting
because ice formation cannot take place. This device is not necessary if anhydrous nitrogen gas is used.
*** Temperature can be kept for 36 hours without supplying liquid nitrogen.
SmartFreezer is a trademark of Angelantoni Industrie s.p.a., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. FreezerPro is a trademark of RURO, Inc. Other product and service names might be trademarks of other companies.