FreezerPro Enterprise includes all features of FreezerPro Standard edition and addresses critical security and accessibility issues essential to large-scale frozen sample storage and management.
- Data encryption using unbreakable 1024-bit technology and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) ensure that all data traffic between FreezerPro web server and a browser remains private and secure.
- User names, roles, groups, passwords and a choice of 36 custom levels of access permissions are provided to maximize the security.
- Supports user authentication via Active Directory Domain Services (LDAP protocol).
- Option of restricting user access to certain freezers, shelfs, racks as well as to individual samples.
- Available MultiSite Edition option to host multiple, independent labs on a single instance of FreezerPro with data sharing and exchange capabilities.
- Monitors and displays readings from freezer sensors and maintains a 30 day reading history.
- Comes with PostgreSQL server and can be setup to use any of the customer’s provided databases: PostgreSQL, mySQL, IBM DB2, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Delivered as a Virtual Appliance – pre-built, pre-configured, ready-to-run application packaged with an operating system inside a virtual machine that eliminates installation, configuration, and maintenance costs associated with traditional deployment methods
- Programming language-independent Application Programming Interface (API) is provided with FreezerPro to create custom reports, tools, extensions, and additional modules to integrate with various instruments. Detailed documentation and examples are provided.
- New real-time notification system notifies external services and applications if sample and vial data has changed
- Full support for HIPAA Regulations including:
- HIPAA Accountability Act of 1996
- HIPAA Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005 (Patient Safety Act)
- New GLP mode – strict operations
- Extended audit comments
- Communication Module simplifies interaction with facility personnel typically for requesting samples and sample data. Users can create custom communication templates, attach various objects from FreezerPro (samples, vials, boxes full of samples), send them within the users or user groups in the system and receive automatic email notifications.
- Workflow Module eases repetitive task management via a colorful interface that defines and tracks various states of samples or vials of samples along with their workflow status.
- Shipping Module was created for customers such as bio-banks who are constantly shipping samples to other destinations. Module users can define new clients, gather vials for shipping and associate any type of data or metadata with both clients and shipments.
- Advanced Alerts Module adds notification options and flexibility to the alert functionality available in FreezerPro 2012. With Advanced Alerts module, users can choose between internal and external email-based notification for system alerts, as well put in place nearly any alert criteria conceivable for sample inventory.