At RURO Technical Support, our mission is to “help customers make the best use of their time through effective and responsive support, active advocacy, and a broad and flexible range of self-help resources.” In support of this task, the following services and policies set the expectations for your relationship with RURO Technical Support.
- General Support Services
- Support Services for Current and Prior Releases of Software, Software Maintenance, and Bug Fixes
- Problem and Product Change Notifications
- Support Eligibility
- Support Cost
- Support Hours
- Problem Response Time
- Escalating Problems
- Resolving Problems
- Archiving Problems
- RURO Software Support when Third-Party Vendors Drop Support
1. General Support Services
- Technical support for RURO software includes:
- Access to support resources on our Web site
- Support via e-mail, product forums, online chat, and Web forms
- Some of the ways in which we can help you successfully use our software are:
- Suggest the appropriate RURO procedure, language feature, or products for the particular type of analysis or functionality that is requested.
- Answer questions about specific details of procedures, such as discussing available features, options, and limitations.
- Provide references for formulas and statistical techniques that our algorithms use, where possible.
- Provide limited guidance and references to help you interpret the data generated by means of statistical procedures.
- Isolate, document, and find circumventions for reported software defects.
- Work with RURO software development staff to provide safe hot fixes for our software, as we deem appropriate.
- Provide limited and general statistical advice on a case-by-case basis; however, it is your responsibility to determine which type of statistical analysis is appropriate for your needs.
- Address concerns with printed or online documentation by providing additional examples, if necessary, or explanation for concepts that require clarification.
- Provide guidance during RURO software installation.
- Provide limited assistance with programming logic.
- Provide a broad overview of hardware tuning, operating system modifications, RURO system performance enhancements, and methods of efficient programming for achieving optimal performance; however, we do not provide benchmarking for specific hardware or operating systems.
- Provide support for the interaction between the RURO system and any third-party software that ships with the RURO system.
- For other third-party applications, we are glad to convey any knowledge that we have, but we cannot provide comprehensive support for another vendor’s software.
RURO Technical Support applies only to RURO licensed software products. Work generating from RURO consulting services engagements is supported under warranty from RURO consulting services.
2. Support Services for Current and Prior Releases of Software Software Maintenance and Bug Fixes
Support services on platforms for which the software is currently being developed is classified into two levels: Gold and Silver. Currently, RURO, Inc. offers annual Subscriptions for Gold and Silver levels of Software Support. For additional information please visit our Support Request Form or contact your Account Representative.
- Gold — Gold Support offers unlimited email and online chat support, software updates, and 1 software upgrade to a major new version released within the duration of the service. For on-site installations, the updates/upgrades can be carried out via the built-in Online Update system. Cloud hosted installations will be managed and updated by RURO upon request.
When RURO ships a new software release, the Gold level of support that customers receive extends through the first year of ownership (except FreezerPro® 2010). Gold Level support includes the following services:
- Technical assistance is provided by e-mail, online chat, Web forms, or product forums.
- Our Technical Support staff investigates all reported problems and provides circumventions, where possible.
- Online updates or hot fixes are provided for selected critical problems.
- An upgrade to the major software version released within the duration of the support service.
- Silver — Silver Support offers unlimited email and online chat support and minor version updates. On-site installations can be updated/upgraded via the built-in Online Update system. Cloud hosted installations will be managed and updated by RURO upon request. When a Silver Support Subscription is purchased, the service is counted from the date of software activation or production system availability. Silver Level support includes the following services:
- Technical assistance is provided by e-mail, online chat, Web forms, or product forums.
- Our Technical Support staff investigates all reported problems and provides circumventions where possible.
- Online Update or hot fixes might be provided for selected critical problems.
Software Maintenance and Bug Fixes
RURO provides maintenance for the RURO system through replacement executable modules, or hot fixes, that might be supplied individually or in bundles. The availability of hot fixes is announced on the Tech Support Updates Web page and via e-mail by subscribing to our mailing list.
While we attempt to provide fixes for serious problems, there might be cases where it is impractical or impossible to generate a fix, due to compatibility issues or the potential for introduction of unwanted side effects.
3. Problem and Product Change Notifications
RURO documents Alert Priority issues, as well as problems that are not of alert status, in the form of RURO Notes.
1. Support Eligibility
Technical support is available to all customers who purchase or evaluate RURO software. When you contact RURO Technical Support, you might be required to provide information, such as your RURO software product number, company name, e-mail address, and phone number, that identifies you as a licensed RURO software customer. Failure to provide this information might preclude RURO Technical Support from taking action on your issue.
2. Support Cost
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete list of prices on all levels of RURO, Inc. Technical Support services. For additional information please call us at 1-888-881-7876, ext. 1
3. Support Hours
For Customers in North America during Normal Support Hours:
- Support is provided from our corporate headquarters in Frederick, Maryland.
- Support hours for new questions are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Limited support for new questions is available Monday through Friday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Support hours for questions with an assigned tracking number are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
**Note: RURO support will not be available on federally observed United States holidays. These include:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
For Critical Problems after Normal Support Hours:
- For FreezerPro, ezColony, and Sciency software, for Tech Assistance after Normal Support Hours, RURO, Inc. reserves the right to bill active support customers at a rate of up to $200/hour (1 hour minimum). RURO will notify customer if they may incur additional charges of this kind and afford the opportunity to avoid them, by whatever means. RURO will also communicate to customer the first time such a potential chargeable action is performed by one of its staff and will not, typically, charge before such a warning communication has been issued and confirmed (receipt of) by customer.
- Additional after-hours support for critical problems is available Monday through Friday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time.Note: After-hours support is limited to critical problems.
- Access to RURO Customer Support Web site and e-mail support services are provided 24 hours a day.
4. Problem Response Time
Priorities are assigned to problems reported via the online chat, Web forms, product forums, or e-mail (Support@RURO.com) based on the guidelines below. All problems reported electronically receive an immediate automated e-mail confirmation and a problem tracking number. A support consultant will respond to the customer who reported the problem by phone or e-mail within 24 hours, with the exception of problems that are reported on weekends and holidays.
The following table displays the targets for initial follow-up and frequency of updates for problems with different severities and conditions. The goals for initial follow-up after a problem with production software is first reported are based on the nature and severity of the problem. The Technical Support specialist makes every attempt to contact the customer who reported the problem within the response time goals described below.
|Security Level||Condition||Initial Follow-Up*||Frequency of Updates|
|1||A critical RURO production system is down or does not function at all, and there is no circumvention for the problem; a significant number of customers are affected, and a production business system is inoperable.||2 Hours||Every business day|
|2||A component of RURO is not performing, creating a significant operational impact.||4 Business Hours||Every 2 business days|
|3||A component of RURO is not performing as documented; there are unexpected results; problems are circumventable; there is moderate or minor operational impact.||24 hours**||Every 3 business days|
|4||Questions pertain to usage questions or clarification of documentation.||24 hours**||Every 10 business days|
|5||Customer offers suggestions or requests for new product features and enhancements.||24 hours**||Every 30 business days|
*For problems that are assigned to a Technical Support specialist, “initial follow-up” is defined as the time between when the problem is initially reported and the specialist contacts the customer. For problems that require further research by our support team who initially received the problem, “initial follow-up” is defined as the time between the initial contact with the consultant and a follow-up call.
**Does not include weekend or other non-business days including federally observed United States holidays.
5. Escalating Problems
If the normal support process does not produce the desired results, or if the problem has changed in priority, the problem can be escalated as follows:
- First contact the support specialist who is working on your problem and request that the priority of the problem is escalated.
- You may request to speak with a Technical Support manager if additional escalation is required.
6. Resolving Problems
Due to the complex nature of software development and operating environments, RURO cannot guarantee the time that it will take to resolve a problem. We make our best effort to resolve problems as expeditiously as possible.
7. Archiving Problems
A problem is archived upon mutual agreement between the support specialist that is responsible for the problem and the customer who reported the problem. In cases where the consultant is awaiting further information from the customer, the specialist makes at least one attempt either by phone or e-mail to contact the customer within a few business days. During this contact, the specialist communicates a timeline for archiving the problem if further information is not provided.
Information is not lost when a problem is archived. If for any reason in the future you need to discuss the specific problem that is documented in an archived track, a new problem will be opened with a new tracking number, and all information will be carried forward into the new tracking entry.
8. RURO Software Support when Third-Party Vendors Drop Support
In some instances, RURO software is supported for an operating system, Virtualization Environment or a Database Server, even though the third-party vendor of that software has withdrawn support. RURO will discuss with the customer in this instance and agree the correct level of support. If an alternative third party software product with support is available, RURO will issue a technical document with recommendations and instructions for a migration.